Darren Hardy is a renowned American author, speaker, and mentor. He’s also the former publisher of Success magazine. Read his best quotes.
Darren Hardy is one of the most famous names in the self-development world.
He’s a best-selling author, speaker, mentor, and entrepreneur.
Related article: The most inspiring Mahatma Gandhi quotes
While Hardy achieved a high level of success in his career, it didn’t start that way.
Darren didn’t go to college. Instead, he started a business at 18 and grew it to six figures in a year.
In five years, he generated more than a million dollars.
He’s had his share of failures and mistakes. But, Hardy didn’t let that stop him.
Over more than three decades, Darren has grown far beyond that. Now, he focuses on helping others achieve greatness.
The following are the best and most inspiring quotes by Darren Hardy.
The best Darren Hardy quotes to help you reach your goals
1. “Everything you need to be great is already inside you. Stop waiting for someone or something to light your fire. You have the match.” -Darren Hardy
2. “Life begins outside the edge of your comfort zone.” -Darren Hardy
3. “It’s not enough to choose to be successful. You have to dig deeper than that to find your core motivation, to activate your superpower. Your why-power.” -Darren Hardy
4. “Commitment is doing the thing you said you were going to do, long after the mood you said it in has left you.” -Darren Hardy
5. “Everyone is affected by three kinds of influences: input (what you feed your mind), associations (the people with whom you spend time), and environment (your surroundings).” -Darren Hardy
6. “Your background and circumstances may have influenced who you are, but you are responsible for who you become.” -Darren Hardy
7. “Allow yourself to go and do it wrong. Don’t expect to always get it right. It will prevent you from doing anything.” -Darren Hardy
8. “There’s one thing that 99 percent of “failures” and “successful” folks have in common — they all hate doing the same things. The difference is successful people do them anyway.” -Darren Hardy
9. “Once-dominant empires have failed for this very reason. People get to a certain level of success and get too comfortable.” -Darren Hardy
10. “Don’t wait for anyone’s permission to be successful, take it.” -Darren Hardy
11. “Start your day with why then get on with your what.” -Darren Hardy
12. “What controls your attention, controls your life.” -Darren Hardy
13. “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” -Darren Hardy
14. “You cannot go back and make a new beginning, but today you can make a new ending.” -Darren Hardy
15. “Doubt and fear steal more dreams than failure does.” -Darren Hardy
16. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge.” -Darren Hardy
17. “Hang out with those who have a common future, not a common past.” -Darren Hardy
18. “The activities that you are most afraid of are the activities that can cause a breakthrough in your success.” -Darren Hardy
19. “Forget about willpower. It’s time for why-power. Your choices are only meaningful when you connect them to your desires and dreams. The wisest and most motivating choices are the ones aligned with that which you identify as your purpose, your core self, and your highest values. You’ve got to want something, and know why you want it, or you’ll end up giving up too easily.” -Darren Hardy
20. “It’s not the big things that add up in the end; it’s the hundreds, thousands, or millions of little things that separate the ordinary from the extraordinary.” -Darren Hardy
21. “Ask yourself each day: If I only did 3 things today, what are the actions that will produce the greatest results in moving me closer to my big goals?” -Darren Hardy
22. “A daily routine built on good habits and disciplines separates the most successful among us from everyone else.” -Darren Hardy
23. “When you define your goals, you give your brain something new to look for and focus on. It’s as if you’re giving your mind a new set of eyes from which to see all the people, circumstances, conversations, resources, ideas, and creativity surrounding you.” -Darren Hardy
25. “Track every action that relates to the area of your life you want to improve. All winners are trackers.” -Darren Hardy
26. “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” -Darren Hardy
27. “We are all self-made men and women, but only the successful take credit for it.” -Darren Hardy
28. “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” -Darren Hardy
29. “It’s not what you learn or what you know; it’s what you do with what you know and learn.” -Darren Hardy
30. “Choices are at the root of every one of your results. Each choice starts a behavior that over time becomes a habit.” -Darren Hardy
31. “You alone are responsible for what you do, don’t do, or how you respond to what’s done to you.” -Darren Hardy
32. “You only need to take a series of tiny steps, consistently, over time, to radically improve your life.” -Darren Hardy
33. “It doesn’t matter how smart you are or aren’t, you need to make up in hard work what you lack in experience, skill, intelligence, or innate ability. If your competitor is smarter, more talented, or experienced, you just need to work three or four times as hard. You can still beat them!” -Darren Hardy
34. “Don’t follow your dreams. Chase them down with aggressive pursuit.” -Darren Hardy
35. “You make your choices, and then your choices make you.” -Darren Hardy
36. “You will get in life what you accept and expect you are worthy of.” -Darren Hardy
37. “Earning success is hard. The process is laborious, tedious, sometimes even boring. Becoming wealthy, influential, and world-class in your field is slow and arduous.” -Darren Hardy
38. “There’s nothing wrong with ordinary. I just prefer to shoot for extraordinary.” -Darren Hardy
39. “Your biggest challenge isn’t that you’ve intentionally been making bad choices. Your biggest challenge is that you’ve been sleepwalking through your choices.” -Darren Hardy
40. “Seek out positive people who have achieved the success you want to create in your own life. Remember the adage: ‘Never ask advice of someone with whom you wouldn’t want to trade places.'” -Darren Hardy
41. “Consistency is the key to achieving and maintaining momentum.” -Darren Hardy
42. “The biggest difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people are willing to do what unsuccessful people are not.” -Darren Hardy
43. “Garden your head – pull out the weeds of excuses and plant the seeds of greatness.” -Darren Hardy
Popular books by Darren Hardy
The following are the most popular books by Darren Hardy:
The Compound Effect
The Compound Effect is based on the principle that decisions shape your destiny.
Achieving success and accomplishing your goals begin are determined by the little, everyday habits and decisions.
The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster
The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster will prepare you for the wild, emotional, and unexpected ride of entrepreneurship.
It’ll teach you everything you need to safely pass the landmines that blow up and cause the failure of most new businesses.
Darren Hardy is an exceptional motivator and success coach.
Now that you’ve read his best quotes, take action today. Make progress towards your goals and dreams.
Remember, Darren Hardy says, “You can only control two things in life: Your attitude and your actions.”
Featured photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Next Level Gents, the ultimate destination for tips and advice about style, grooming, fitness, and success.