Eric Thomas is a world-renown motivational speaker and author. He’s also known as ET, the hip-hop preacher. Read his best quotes.
Eric Thomas is a motivational speaker, consultant, author, and minister.
He went to Michigan State University (MSU), where he got a master’s degree and a Ph.D. in Education Administration.
His motivational quotes and videos are some of the best-known around the world.
In 2008, he gave a speech at MSU that made him famous.
Thomas said, “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe. Then, you’ll be successful.”
While his words inspire, so does his story.
Eric Thomas dropped out of high school and was homeless in Detroit for two years.
He met a preacher that inspired him to go back to school. So, Thomas went back to school and later worked as an academic advisor at MSU.
The viral speech led Thomas to become a motivational speaker and best-selling author. His perspective and approach are unique.
If you’re ready to overcome and achieve, start with the following Eric Thomas quotes.
The best Eric Thomas quotes to motivate you
1. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” -Eric Thomas
2. “Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, or an hour or a day, or even a year. But eventually, it will subside. And something else takes its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.” -Eric Thomas
3. “Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.” -Eric Thomas
Related: How to set monthly goals
4. “You can get through this. you are bigger than your pain, don’t give up don’t give in.” -Eric Thomas
5. “I wanted to surround myself with the kind of people who could help me turn my life around; people whom I could rub up against like iron and be sharpened.” -Eric Thomas
6. “Desire and imagination have the potential to position a person for greatness.” -Eric Thomas
7. “I dare you to be great. I challenge you to be great in every single thing you do.” -Eric Thomas
8. “Both desire and imagination are stored in the mind of the individual and when stretched, both have the potential to position a person for greatness.” -Eric Thomas
9. “I don’t ever want you to settle for another average day in your life again.” -Eric Thomas
10. “Don’t make a habit out of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you.” -Eric Thomas
Related: How to be intentional every day
11. “Stop being average. You’re not even good. You were born to be great.” -Eric Thomas
12. “Everybody has a dream, but not everybody has a grind.” -Eric Thomas
13. “A setback is a setup for a comeback.” -Eric Thomas
14. “Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.” -Eric Thomas
15. “Only those who risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go.” -Eric Thomas
16. “God has a purpose for your pain, a reason for your struggles and a reward for your faithfulness. Don’t give up.” -Eric Thomas
17. “An eagle uses the storm to reach unimaginable heights.” -Eric Thomas
18. “You can’t cheat the grind, it knows hows much you’ve invested, it won’t give you nothing you haven’t worked for.” -Eric Thomas
19. “The difference between those who succeed and fail: not taking advantage of opportunities.” -Eric Thomas
20. “Things change for the better when we take responsibility for our own thoughts, decisions and actions.” -Eric Thomas
21. “Don’t cry to quit! You already in pain, you already hurt! Get a reward from it!” -Eric Thomas
22. “Apply the ABC’s of success to your life. Ask, Believe and Claim It.” -Eric Thomas
23. “No alarm clock needed, my passion wakes me.” -Eric Thomas
24. “Be more intentional about the direction we allow our minds to go. Meaning, when you catch yourself thinking negatively, stop! Redirect to something positive.” -Eric Thomas
25. “Bottom line, I removed myself from the victim mentality and took control of my life. I’m not just going to take responsibility for the success in my life – I’m going to take responsibility for the failures in my life. When you’re willing to accept that you’re the problem, you immediately become the solution.” -Eric Thomas
26. “I’ve got a dream that’s worth more than my sleep.” -Eric Thomas
27. “Sometimes it ain’t about being the most talented. Sometimes it ain’t about being the smartest. Sometimes it’s not even about working the hardest. Sometimes it’s about consistency! Consistency!” -Eric Thomas
28. “To be successful is never convenient. The things you have to go through, it’s never convenient.” -Eric Thomas
29. “It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.” -Eric Thomas
30. “When you find your way, you find a way to make it happen.” -Eric Thomas
31. “Success is not for the weak and uncommitted. Sometimes it’s gonna hurt!” -Eric Thomas
32. “If you can look up, you can get up.” -Eric Thomas
33. “The only way to get out of mediocrity is to keep shooting for excellence.” -Eric Thomas
34. “What you envision in your mind, how you see yourself, and how you envision the world around you is of great importance because those things become your focus.” -Eric Thomas
35. “We all have the ability to produce greatness in our lives.” -Eric Thomas
36. “You wanna shine like a diamond, you gotta get cut like a diamond.” -Eric Thomas
37. “I don’t care if you broke, you grew up broke, you grew up rich. You only get 24 hours!” -Eric Thomas
38. “I use pain to push me to greatness.” -Eric Thomas
39. “No matter how hard the battle gets or no matter how many people Don’t believe in your dream, Never give up!” -Eric Thomas
40. “When your effort is low, you’re probably not thinking about the opportunity, you’re thinking about the obligation.” -Eric Thomas
Eric Thomas is one of the best motivational speakers. He has incredible energy, perspective, and the ability to inspire.
Look no further than the hip-hop preacher for a boost to achieve greatness.
Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Next Level Gents, the ultimate destination for tips and advice about style, grooming, fitness, and success.