A positive mindset contributes to success and happiness. Get inspired by the best positive thinking quotes to focus on the good.
Positive thinking doesn’t mean always smiling and ignoring the bad.
Instead, it means that you approach situations from a positive perspective.
A positive mindset also means that you expect positive results.
To succeed and be happy or content, focus on your thoughts.
If you’re ready to transform your mindset, read the following positive thinking quotes.
The best quotes about positive thinking
1. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” -Helen Keller
2. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” -Marcus Aurelius
3. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” -Willie Nelson
4. “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” –Zig Ziglar
5. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” -Oprah Winfrey
6. “Learn to embrace your own unique beauty, celebrate your unique gifts with confidence. Your imperfections are actually a gift.” -Kerry Washington
7. “Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in. And, when you stumble, keep faith. And, when you’re knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can’t or shouldn’t go on.” -Hillary Clinton
8. “I’ve had to learn to fight all my life – got to learn to keep smiling. If you smile things will work out.” -Serena Williams
9. “Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” –John Wooden
10. “In the fixed mindset, everything is about the outcome. If you fail—or if you’re not the best—it’s all been wasted. The growth mindset allows people to value what they’re doing regardless of the outcome . They’re tackling problems, charting new courses, working on important issues. Maybe they haven’t found the cure for cancer, but the search was deeply meaningful.” -Carol Dweck
11. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.” -Michelle Obama
12. “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habit. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” –Mahatma Gandhi
13. “More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” -Roy T. Bennett
14. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” -Alphonse Karr
15. “Plant seeds of expectation in your mind; cultivate thoughts that anticipate achievement. Believe in yourself as being capable of overcoming all obstacles and weaknesses.” -Norman Vincent Peale
16. “Happiness is a state of mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things.” -Walt Disney
17. “With every obstacle that has happened to me in my life, my brain immediately says, ‘Where is the hidden blessing?'” -Sara Blakely
18. “I’m really looking forward to seeing what life brings to me.” -Rihanna
19. “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” -Elon Musk
20. “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” -Elbert Hubbard
21. “Look around. Look at what we have. Beauty is everywhere—you only have to look to see it.” -Bob Ross
22. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” -Theodore Roosevelt
23. “Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive.” -Matt Cameron
24. “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” -Joel Osteen
25. “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” -Michael Jordan
26. “Affirmations are our mental vitamins, providing the supplementary positive thoughts we need to balance the barrage of negative events and thoughts we experience daily.” -Tia Walker
27. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” -Dr. Seuss
28. “It makes a big difference in your life when you stay positive.” -Ellen DeGeneres
29. “Things have a way of working themselves out if we just remain positive.” -Lou Holtz
30. “Miracles happen to those who believe in them.” -Bernard Berenson
31. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” -Steve Jobs
32. “Keep a positive outlook even when faced with life challenges.” -Catherine Pulsifer
33. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” –Maya Angelou
34. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” -William James
35. “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. “When you wake up every day, you have two choices. You can either be positive or negative; an optimist or a pessimist. I choose to be an optimist. It’s all a matter of perspective.” -Harvey Mackay
37. “If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.” -Pat Riley
38. “Positive thinking is a valuable tool that can help you overcome obstacles, deal with pain, and reach new goals.” -Amy Morin
39. “Be positive. Your mind is more powerful than you think. What is down in the well comes up in the bucket. Fill yourself with positive things.” -Tony Dungy
40. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” -Henry Ford
41. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” -Mary Lou Retton
42. “When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive energy. It’s very simple.” -Paulo Coelho
43. “I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we’re all teachers – if we’re willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door.” -Marla Gibbs
44. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” -Joyce Brothers
45. “If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.” -Leonardo DiCaprio
46. “Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.” -Brian Tracy
47. “It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.” -Robert H. Schuller
48. “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” -Wade Boggs
49. “Keep looking up. That’s the secret of life.” -Charlie Brown
50. “Realize that if a door closed, it’s because what was behind it wasn’t meant for you.” -Mandy Hale
Regardless of the situation, remember to think positively. When you have a positive perspective, obstacles become easier to overcome. Focus on the good in life and be optimistic.
Featured image courtesy of Canva.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Next Level Gents, the ultimate destination for tips and advice about style, grooming, fitness, and success.